Before selecting the perfect place to dine in, modern-day diners today are keeping a close check on the ratings and reviews received by the restaurant.
According to research, 91% of consumers say that positive reviews make them more likely to use a business. People are most likely to rely on reviews for restaurants over any other type of business.
When your restaurant receives positive reviews, it indicates that you are providing quality food and service to your customers. Therefore to maintain a stellar reputation of your restaurant, it is extremely crucial for you to understand what customers think about your brand and focus on effective marketing techniques to increase the positive reviews and love for your restaurant.
Ways To Increase Positive Reviews For Your Restaurant
- Ensure that you gather consistent feedback
- Improvise your services based on the reviews posted by your customers
- Restaurant reviews significantly affect the customer’s decision to prefer a restaurant over another
- The positive reviews that your restaurant receives also increase the chances of customers returning to your restaurant exponentially
Let’s look at the ways to increase positive reviews for your restaurant
Build A Strong Online Presence
- Most potential customers search for your restaurant online. This indicates that your restaurant’s online presence should be accurate and up-to-date. If your business listings appear outdated, there is a possibility that your customer may not be able to find you.
Encourage Reviews From Your Loyal Customers
- For every restaurant business, a strong customer base of loyal customers can act as one of the most valuable sources for attracting positive reviews. As they would have already established a strong relationship with your brand, your regular customers can spread positive word-of-mouth recommendations and would not mind posting reviews for your restaurant.
Respond To The Reviews
- Responding to the customer reviews communicates that you value your customers and care about your brand’s reputation. While you act promptly to negative reviews, ensure that you also respond to the positive ones. Expressing gratitude to satisfied customers for leaving a positive review impresses them and encourages repeat visits from them.
Incentivize Your Customers
- While incentives might seem a logical idea to encourage more reviews, it should be done tastefully. If you come across a negative review posted by an unhappy customer, you can compensate by offering them a comp meal or providing them with a certain amount of discount on their next visit. It will give you an excellent opportunity for the restaurateurs to undo their previous experience and eventually help you retain them.
Repost The User-Generated Content
- Customers love it when their feedback is heard and given due attention. Sharing positive reviews increases the credibility of your restaurant. Reposting user-generated content with credits encourages customers to post reviews about your restaurant’s offerings. Share the positive restaurant reviews across your social media channels.
- Marketing software integrated with your restaurant POS helps in automating the process of acquiring more reviews. Instead of reminding your customers to put restaurant reviews after they leave your restaurant premises, you can record their reviews in the restaurant itself.
- While it is difficult to monitor all the feedback manually to search for negative reviews, the feedback app can streamline the entire process. These apps are equipped with a feature that sends real-time alerts whenever a negative review is received. This feature will allow you to respond spontaneously and would offer value to your customers.
Ensure that you gather consistent feedback and improvise your services based on the reviews posted by your customers. Restaurant reviews significantly affect the customer’s decision to prefer a restaurant over another. The positive reviews that your restaurant receives also increases the chances of customers returning to your restaurant exponentially.