- While walking around in a restaurant there are many occasions that you find a couple of serviettes lying somewhere, sugar sachets on the floor two slices of burnt toast. Half a squashed cucumber and a few damaged tomatoes.
- Later you would walk through the kitchen and find unopened wet-wipes in the bin and possibly a broken glass or two and a chipped cup. Walking past the grill there is a broken burger lying on the side and the chip fryer has some overcooked chips floating around.
- Just after breakfast, there are two broken eggs and a rasher of burnt bacon lying under the counter on a side plate.
- Slowly but surely my day carries on and the incidences of little bit and small quantities of waste occurs. Like my granny used to say to me, my child every drop fills the bucket!
- This Optiman Waste Tracking sheet will put a daily value on your wastage.
- Secondly, you can now track what items are being wasted.
- Thirdly you will know from which sections in the restaurant this waste originated.
- Lastly, you can action workshops and retraining for the responsible staff.
- This is a visible and in-your-face Waste Tracking system and when used correctly has instant results as no staff likes to see their name on the waste control list and definitely not for a second time.
- This list can be copied and filed on the appropriate staff files if their performance does not improve.
|OPTIMAN DAILY PRODUCT WASTE CONTROL TRACKING SHEET||DATE:|
|ITEM WASTED||VALUE||UNITS WASTED||VALUE OF WASTE||REASON FOR WASTE||WASTED BY||APPROVED BY||SIGNATURE|