- Due to the volatility of working with gas and open flames it is imperative to keep a streamlined Health and Safety System.
- Secondly, we want to ensure the availability of the various gas products we require for optimal operations and availability.
- The Health and Safety Check sheet is completed monthly.
- The Gas Safety and Control Sheet have been designed for a daily check on a “life-line” energy source for various areas in our business.
- We check on the users of the gas operating equipment and whether they are working according to the best practices.
- We check for the availability of CO2 and LP Gas.
- We check for filled backup cylinders.
- We check for possible gas leaks. Look, touch, smell, and soap bubble check.
- We check the condition of the equipment.
- We check the safety chains and bumper rails on the equipment.
- We plan ahead for maintenance.
- Some restaurants are fortunate enough to have sniffer units, a unit that detects possible gas leaks or misuse and then sounds an alarm and mechanically shuts off the gas supply to the equipment.
- Ensure that you are trained on how to reset the sniffer device.
|OPTIMAN: GAS SAFETY AND CONTROL SHEET
|LPG SNIFFER ON
|ALL CHAINS ON