TOMORROW’S SUCCESS STARTS TODAY.
- The aim, following the strategy of tomorrow’s success, starts today, is to avoid inevitable bottlenecks during the normal flow of business, planning ahead or setting up for the next day of trading.
- This concept is simple and you can apply it to any facet of your business or home life.
- To simplify the exercise we will use an example that is applicable to plan for the next trading day.
- Which systems and procedures should we follow today in preparation for tomorrow’s requirements.
- How often it happens to us that someone asks, “where is the defrosted ice cream for the soft serve machine?” or whatever product you want to use as the perfect example. The fact is that it happens to all of us at a certain point in time, we simply forget!
- Not only is the inconvenience caused to team members, often equipment integrity is unduly tested and, but guest service also becomes compromised.
- The question I ask myself is, “what can I do today to avoid challenges tomorrow?”
- Build a double-check into your systems and procedures.
- Think of those notorious challenges that you have experienced in the past, at a critical point in your day, add them to your list of success for tomorrow.
- The sheet allows for appointing a specific person as responsible for a specific task and that person can sign off the sheet soonest the responsibility has been met.
- Teaching your team to take responsibility and ownership, builds their personal pride and sense of responsibility, taking ownership for their actions and their personal contribution towards the team becomes a measure of success.
- While planning your sheet you should consider, the time of the year, weather, month-end, school, and student holidays, payday, SASSA days for the pensioners, weekends, long weekends, and any other possible contributory factors in your specific area that could cause very busy or extremely quiet trading day’s.
- The sheet can be adapted at any time, and it can, in or exclude items that are either more or less important to the user.
- Now that you have a guide it is easy to use Google Sheets and set up a digital sheet that your staff can tick on their telephones and submit back to you once all the tasks are completed.
|OPTIMAN TOMORROWS SUCCESS STARTS TODAY|
|ACTION TO BE TAKEN||PERSON RESPONSIBLE||CONFIRMATION|
|STOCK ROTATION DONE|
|URGENT ORDERS NOTED|
|URGENT PREP FOR THE NEXT MORNING NOTED|
|URGENT EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE CONSIDERED|
|STAFF ABSENTEEISMS NOTED|
|BOOKINGS FOR THE NEXT DAY CONSIDERED|
|FLOAT CHECKED AND SUFFICIENT|
|SHIFT PLANNING CHECKED|
|SELBY DATES CONSIDERED|
|MATURATION CYCLES CHECKED|
|DEFROSTING CYCLES CHECKED|
|WASTE CONTROL CONSIDERED CUT DOWN OR APPROPRIATE|
|BREAKFAST SET-UP PLANNED|
|BREAKFAST PREPARATIONS PLANNED AND ACTIONED|
|CLOSING DUTIES DELEGATED|
|OPENING DUTIES FOR THE FOLLOWING DAY DELEGATED|
|SALES PLAN FOR THE FOLLOWING DAY|
|INCENTIVES ON URGENT SELBY DATE PRODUCTS|
|PRODUCTION STAFF PREP ALLOCATIONS|
|WAITRON DUTIES ALLOCATIONS|
|TRAINING PLAN CHECKED|
|WORKSHOPS PLANNED FOR THE NEXT DAY|
|ENSURE NOT TOO MANY STAFF ON DUTY|
|CHECK WAGES BUDGETS COMPARED TO ACTUALS|
|FEEDBACK AND FOLLOW UP RECEIVED BEFORE GOING HOME|
Found this article helpful? Please share on social media using the tools below.